HAWAIIAN PITA PIZZA – Page 288 (Italian) (Note: gf *option, use brown rice tortilla or gf flat bread or gf bread)
Preheat oven at 400°F
1) Brush ww* pita with extra virgin olive oil (puffy part face down)
2) Cover pitas almost to the edge (12 inch) with SS Zesty BBQ Sauce – Page 304 (recipe below)
3) Add SS Real Cheezy Cheese – Page 282 (recipe below)
4) Add chunk pineapple, drained, cut in half.
5) Add Toppings, sliced olives, Slice American Cheese – Page 283 (recipe below)
6) Bake at 400°F for approx. 10 min. or til brown on top.
7) Place on cooling rack then serve. Refrigerate well overnight for serving a Sabbath meal the next day. (Stack no more than 2 layers).
SISTER SHORTER’S ZESTY BBQ SAUCE (GF) – Page 304
4 cups of Marinara Sauce – See page 286
1/4 c. honey
2 T. onion powder
2 t. garlic powder
1 T. Wright’s Smoke Flavor (opt.)
1/4 c. molasses
1/4 c. tomato paste
1/4 c. or less extra virgin oil
pinch of cayenne
1 t. salt (may add less)
Simmer in a medium pot on low for 20 to 30 min.
SS REAL CHEEZY CHEESE – Page 282 (No nuts)
Put in a blender and blend:
2 c. water
⅓ c. extra virgin olive oil
2 T. tapioca or arrowroot starch
2 t. salt
1 t. garlic powder
1/3 c. ww pastry flour or gf flour
2/3 c. nutritional yeast flakes
1/4 C. sweet red peppers
2 T. lemon juice
1 t. onion powder
1/4 C. sesame tahini
NOTE: Pour into saucepan and cook over medium high heat until thickened, stirring almost constantly or use as dip or in recipes. Pour into storage container and refrigerate.
SLICE AMERICAN CHEESE – Page 283 Time 20 min. Slice, Grate, Bake!
Soak 4 T. agar flakes with 2 c. water for 5 minutes, then bring to a boil. (Do not boil away, only boil until agar is clear.)
½ c. nutritional yeast
1 c. water
3/4 c. cashew nuts
1 c. tomato paste
3 T. onion powder
1/3 c. virgin coconut oil (contributes to hardness when cold)
1 T. garlic powder
3/4 T. sea salt
1/2 t. paprika
3 T. lemon juice
1 T. tahini
Add agar mixture. Blend until smooth. Pour into bread pan like container that has been sprayed with olive oil. Refrigerate for 4-5 hours. Slice or grate.
CRISP ONION RINGS – Page 258
Slice 5 medium to large onions and separate into single rings. Put into a bowl and coat well with:
1/4 c. nutritional yeast flakes
2 t. garlic powder
2 T. BAKON® Yeast (Torula)
1 T. smoked paprika
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
3 T. Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or substitute
Place on paraflexx sheets in dehydrator at 115°F overnight. Space racks so air will circulate well. Dry for approximately 12-15 hours, or until crispy.
*gf = gluten-free
*ww = whole wheat