SIGNATURE NO CA (CANCER) SALAD – Page 261
deep green arugula lettuce leaves
fresh asparagus tips
fresh kale or collard leaves, pieces
Arrange to your taste and size. Serve with Creamy Flax Dressing (recipe below). Delicious!
GWEN’S CREAMY FLAX DRESSING – Page 259 (one of our most popular)
Put into a blender and blend until creamy:
1/2 c. fresh lemon juice
4 cloves of garlic
1/4 C. maple syrup or honey
1 c. flax oil or any oil and 1/2 T. ground flax
1/2 T. Italian seasoning
1 t. sea salt
1/3 C. chopped onion
Ready to serve over No CA (No Cancer) Salad or any lettuce salad.
CARROT TUNO WITH COLLARD GREEN WRAP – Page 264 (w/ collard greens, mustard green leaves or your choice of green leaves) Put 4-6 large leaves in dehydrator for about 5 minutes to soften for wrapping
Put into a large bowl and mix well:
3 c. carrot pulp (from washed, juiced, organic carrots)
1 T. onion powder or 1/2 C. chopped onion
1 c. chopped celery
2 t. garlic powder
1 T. dill weed
3 T. SS chicken-like Seas. (p.276 in Shorter’s Health Manual)
1 t. paprika
1 T. BAKON® Torula Yeast
1 recipe of Cashew Mayonnaise (p.254 in Shorter’s Health Manual)
Spread Carrot Tuno thinly over entire leaf. Then add:
sliced red bell pep.
sliced red onion
WILL & GRACE’S KALE KRISPS – Page 288
Preheat oven to 275°F. Take 1 package of Trader Joe’s Kale, pre-washed, net wt. 10 oz. or 8 c. of kale, packed into a 2 c. measuring cup, washed de-stemmed and broken into pieces Dry kale with a dry towel or paper towel.
1) Spray 2 baking trays with coconut oil spray.
2) Put 1-2 T. extra virgin oil in a salt shaker and shake gently over kale and stir, mix well.
3) Sprinkle lightly with 1 t. or less of sea salt (caution: do not over salt).
4) Bake 28 minutes. May need a few more minutes to crisp.
5) Serve as is or with dip. Great as a side with Thai Tofu Lettuce Wraps (p.289 in Shorter’s Health Manual). Delicious!